Lightness of Being (blue)
- Year: 2017
- Archival inkjet print, initialled, dated and numbered from the edition of 200
- In pencil, on wove paper, with full margins
- Dimensions: sheet 41 x 30 cms
- Arguably the most globally recognisable of Chris Levine's sitters, and one of his most iconic portraits, this image of Queen Elizabeth II is one of many depictions of his subject.
- An 'accidental' shot, taken during a moment of rest, this image resonates serenity, and the perfectly encapsulates the delicate trust between artist and sitter.